Sunday, September 7, 2008

Maintenance, Glass, Wood, Deer, and Brewers

Today I spent the afternoon in the shop getting a few things done, saw the deer, and watched a few games (both football and baseball). A good day!

The first thing I did today was change the blades on my planer. It was getting very loud, and I was starting to get "tear-out" on the back end of each board. Both mean one thing....dull blades!!


Here I have both a regular wood shadowbox in progress, as well as a glass Diamond Case. The glass project is very new to me, and I have run into a few problems. Hopefully the next one will go much smoother. The tape on the glass is to make sure my silicone edges are nice and strait.


Here is Ruth sanding the octagon, almost ready for stain.


A coat of my favorite stain on oak....Golden Oak.


Here we have two of the triplets from earlier this summer. They are much larger now, and more independent from mom.


My parents went to the brewer game today. Even though it was a horrible game(Padres-10, Brewers-1) they did get a Corey Hart Bobble Head. So now we have an official caretaker for the shop.

Tomorrow is Ruth's 25th birthday, so I am taking her to the Brewer game. They play the Reds, and I am hoping they turn things around. I will post pictures of the game, and Miller Park when we get home tomorrow.

No comments: