Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slow Goings & Fond Memories

It has been a slow couple of evenings around here lately. I have all of my boxes built, and have a little down time before I start a few more projects this weekend. Last night I did not even feel like making a post after watching yet another horrible brewer game. I can barely believe I am posting tonight after the loss again today. Four losses to the cubs...ouch!!

Last night we did accomplish one very important thing...check out the picture below.




This is a bug-shield off of my G-Pa Kwakkel's semi. He drove his old Ford 9000 tractor trailer for around 10 years for Plywood Oshkosh. He hauled lumber and plywood around the state. It is a great honor to get this from my G-Ma after Gib passed away. My shop is filled with little tidbits from both of my grandfathers. They are a huge part of who I am today, so it is great to have pieces of them surrounding me when I am in the shop. I know they both would have been very proud to see my shop today. Although I know they are watching, I wish I could show them in person. I did get the privilege of making the Urn that will cradle my Grandpa Kwakkel forever, I am so happy to have that honor. His Urn was the very first project to come out of this shop. Not only do I have the bug-shield from Gib, I also have many pieces to remember my G-Pa Arden Stobb by as well. I have a large tool cabinet that he made with his own two hands, and many of his hand tools as well.

No comments: