Monday, August 10, 2009

Progress Report

Well, tonight I got a few more projects completed. I finished another step-stool, this one is going to my sister-in-law and hubby for the chilluns. I also finished the cutting board, it is soaking in mineral oil right now.
As of now, the tabletop has hit a small obstacle. I took it to KM Hardwoods to get planed to final thickness....and well, their planer is 2 inches smaller than I was told it was. Now I am searching out a place with a planer at least 26" wide. I do not want to wait until school is in so I can have my old shop teacher run it for me. So, I have been calling around looking for a place that is not 100 miles away.

Phil and Sue...I will be getting to your armoire doors and shelves soon!

Having only nights and weekends to work in the shop kind of sucks, but progress is being made. My list starts to get shorter, then fortunately it fills right up again. Its a good thing, I just wish I had more time to be out there.



Ruth sanding the cutting board to a glass like smoothness.



The step-stool stained up and ready for a coat of poly tomorrow.



Cutting board soaking up the oil.

No comments: