Sunday, November 2, 2008

Deer Stand

Here are the pictures of the last two days of working on Ruth's deer stand. We only worked for a few hours each day, so I think it looks good, and is definitely sturdy.


Here is the ultimate portable stand building setup. As you can see we have a generator to run the air compressor for the nail gun. The miter saw is on the horses to cut all of the lumber. I had a German saw with a blade on it to cut the steel. We have every tool needed, and then some...its pretty sweet.


Here is Eric cutting off the edges of the floor boards.


The carcass is starting to go on.


Frame all ready for steel on the sides and a roof.


Just the roof, and the plywood door, then we are ready to tip it over and attach the legs.


Here I am working on the legs. They are bolted to the rest of the frame, it is super strong and super easy.


Here is the stand all done and ready to be stood up. We ran out of time today, so we will stand it up next weekend. When done with that we will sight in my dad's gun with his newly installed scope. After that, we might have time to re-attach to door to my deer stand.

Just over three weeks, then hopefully I will have some big buck pictures and a great story to go along.

2 comments:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

My husband and I ran across your blog a few weeks ago looking for woodworking blogs. We enjoy the projects. We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel ourselves and we decided to build our own cabinets, within a few weeks we will be starting that phase. I just added us as a follower to keep up with your posts better. Happy woodworking!

Liz said...

Great blog Kevin. You're a real craftsman. Good luck with Deer Hunting hope you get a nice big one to bring back home.
Liz New Zealand

Ps I found you on Jennifer and Zachary's blog.