Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Day On The Ice

Today my Dad, Ruth and I spent the day on Big Green Lake watching some tip-ups and relaxing on the ice. It was a beautiful day, it was only 6 degrees, but absolutely no wind. We had some laughs, caught a few fish, and ate some great food....a recipe for a great day away from the shop.

We caught a total of five fish, here they are in the order that we caught them. We were only out from eight til two...so not to bad.


This one was probably a keeper(26 inches) but we could not find the tape, so it went back.
My first flag of the year, and the first fish of the year...sweet!!


Just a little guy, but fun nonetheless.



My dad with another keeper...this one stayed on the ice. It went to my uncle Keith who was also out on the ice and stopped bye most of the time.



Grow big and come visit our area next winter.



Gaff-hook in hand....not needed for this monster.



Here was the special for the day...I know it looks vile, but trust me it's heaven on a bun. We marinaded the venison overnight. When the bellies are a rumblin we fire up the old LP stove. Throw that venny in the pan with some onions, butter and beer, and you are all set.



Just look at the enjoyment on my face!
(For those of you that watch Wisconsin's Waters and Woods....that baby was scorching hot, right off the grill, and it was really good)

We closed out the day and caught five fish on nine flags....and if my Ripon math is correct we batted like 550 today...that's damn good for the first trip. I hope we can get out again soon.



1 comment:

Kim said...

-OOOOH THATS A TASTY BRAT!!!- John Gillespe