Sunday, January 4, 2009

Remember the End-Tables??

Well.....I finally made some major progress this weekend on my brothers end-tables.



Here is Ruth sanding one of the assembled top cases. They will end up with some 3/8" glass tops.



This is where we ended the night. The two cases and the legs. Tomorrow we have to finish sanding the kreg jig plugs flat, then attach the legs. After that one final sanding and then the finish goes on. Each one of those walnut inserts takes about 3 minutes of sanding to make them flat, when there are fifty plugs per table...well, that takes A LOT of time.

Hopefully tomorrow I can post some pictures of them with a coat of stain, and one coat of poly. I am thinking these will end up with at least four coats of poly on them. I want to be able to see myself in the finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.