Monday, October 6, 2008

Free Lumber Gloat, and a Place to Store It.

Ruths parents stopped by yesterday with a gift from the lumber gods. Ruths dad works for Spencer Schools, where he came across some wood the shop was getting rid of. He asked if I could use it, and of course I said yes!! All lumber is good lumber, but free is the absolute best kind.



I scored these sweet 10 foot long pieces of oak, these will work well for stile and rail sets, and for raised panel door frames.



Here is a sweet pile of pine boards. These are knotty pine, which is not real good for furniture and things. It is great for making things in the shop, such as shelves and drawers. Millions of uses for this wood, what a find! They are all super wide, and there is even one 2"thick piece in there.



With all of the new lumber, and even the stack I already had, I decided to finally make the lumber rack I have needed for so long. As some of you may or may not know, there is a balcony above the shop, which is accesible from the garage. A perfect place to store lumber. It is not fancy, but it is super strong, and super functional.



Here is the lumber in the new rack. Someday soon, I am sure it will be full, and I will have to expand, but that is a great problem to have.

No comments: