Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shotgun Sighted In, and Many New Projects.

Now that Ruth has her new shotgun, and the early doe only season starts next weekend...that only means one thing...we had to sight it in this weekend. She did an awesome job, and it was the fastest sight in I have ever been a party of. She is the steadiest, most consistent shooter I have seen.


Here she is in my stand...she layed down for the best accuracy.



Here she is all done in the stand with her gun "dead-on".



Gotta try the free-hand shot, most like you would take while hunting.



Here is a picture of the target. Her sight in was the bottom left circle, as you can see the shots started low and right, and as she adjusted her scope moved left and up as needed. The upper left circle were her last two shots to confirm the accuracy. That is a 4 inch circle shot at just over 100 yards...very nice grouping. The bottom right circle were the only two shots taken from my gun at the same distance, once again right on, telling me my scope never moved since last year(a very good thing.) The other three holes in the upper right are from my Dads gun, who has a very different type of sight, so that is why the shots are a little more sporadic, that one still needs to be tweaked a little.

As you may or may not have noticed....there was no door attached to my stand....it was laying in the weeds, and has to be re-attached before the season starts. It was blown off by the wind.


Also this weekend I also acquired a great amount of work for the shop. I have those cabinet doors for Matt and Kim, the gun cabinet for my brother, end tables for my brother, and a very nice built in bookshelf/reading area for Greg and Kim. Great news for Stobb Custom Woodworking. I look forward to all of these projects, and hope to get them all done as soon as possible.

As usual I will post pictures of each project as it progresses.

No comments: