Monday, October 20, 2008

One Project Down...Many to Go.

Today I finished the panel doors for my buddy Matt. This was the first time I have done this exact style of panel doors. I was very happy with the results. Basically it is a system that consists of 4 very precise cuts to make the door. One set makes the profile, and one set makes the groove for the panel to fit into. I will definitely do these again.


Here is a closeup of the end of the "stile"



Here is how the joint looks when it is put together...this was the dry fit to check alignment.



Here is the side view to show how the "stile" and the "rail" fit together.



Here they are in the clamps, all ready to go. Just a little sanding was done to finish them up. Matt picked them up already tonight, he is going to stain them and install the hardware.


As for the heater project, that got put on hold until I could get a little help wrestling that pig around upstairs. My dad and I will work on it a little each night this week. My next wood project is my brothers end tables, along with another shadow box for Mary.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Like the Blog Stobby. Doors turned out great. They are installed and keeping the kids little hands out of my electrical cabinet. Thanks for the help!!!